Annica Reads

This a companion Blog to Annica Abounds-it is all about what I have read and what I like to read.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ferndale, Michigan, United States

I am a 35 yr old, newly married mother of one daughter. I am a Buddhist and a Witch.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Good, The Bad and The Undead by Kim Harrison


Simply put the book rocks. I really, really liked Dead Witch Walking. I found Rachel interesting, dynamic and fully fleshed out. I liked Kim Harrisons writing style-her book was interesting, funny and a little bit mysterious-I was very impressed with the first time author. I was not sure what to expect with The Good, The Bad and The Undead-but it was even better than Dead Witch Walking.
It takes place a few months after DWW and so you feel like the story never ends-just another episode. More importantly many of the mysteries in DWW are revealed-who killed Rachels father, what race Trent belongs to, why Ivy is really pursuing Rachel and more about the Demon who tried to kill Rachel and Trent-including who called it and why. Yet, as everything is revealed, more is left to mystery-Nick-what is really going on with him and his interest in black magic? Why do members of the FIB recognize him? Ivy, what is her motive for sticking to Rachel now that the cat-her secret-is out of the bag? Kisten is deeper than I thought. Trent is not as bad as he appears in the first novel and may be getting better in the novels to come. How far will Rachel with her demon mark? With ley line magic? I am really interested to see where Harrison goes with this story line. It is obvious that something big is coming up, but honestly I am not sure what. The next installment-Every Which Way But Dead- is due out this summer and I can barely wait.

~~~~Where ever you go, There you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home