Annica Reads

This a companion Blog to Annica Abounds-it is all about what I have read and what I like to read.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ferndale, Michigan, United States

I am a 35 yr old, newly married mother of one daughter. I am a Buddhist and a Witch.

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Jupiter by Ben Bova

From the Publisher:
A novel of one of the strangest places imaginable, a place where hydrogen flows as a liquid, a place with a lightless ocean ten times wider than the entire earth, a place where cyclones larger than planets rage for centuries at a time.
Grant Archer merely wanted to study astrophysics, to work quietly as an astronomer on the far side of the moon. But the forces of the New Morality, the coalition of censorious do-gooders who run twenty-first century America, have other plans for him.
To his distress, Grant is torn from his young bride and sent to a research station in orbit around Jupiter, charged with the task of spying on the scientists who work there. Their work may lead to the disvoery of higher life forms in the Jovian system—a discovery whose implications might destabilize the theocratic power structure back on earth.
What Grant's would-be controllers don't know is that his loyalty to science may be greater than his desire for a quiet life. But that loyalty will be tested in a mission as dangerous as any ever undertaken.
Meanwhile, what lurks in the middle reaches of Jupiter's vast atmosphere is more than any faction has counted on...and stranger than anyone could possibly have imagined.


My Review:
It was alright. Some of the concepts were interesting and it was an easy read. I liked Grant-the main character alot. I also liked that Earth had been taken over by fanatical religious leaders. I thought it was kind of funny, worth a chuckle. I was not too impressed with the native Jovians-Jupiters intelligent species. It was easy reading sci fi and the characters were enjoyable. I liked the Mars series much better.

~~~~Where ever you go, There you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home